Again for the 2017 season, school districts are able to apply for School Aid grant money to support your Science Olympiad team. This is a great compliment to our program that scarce resources are reserved for this purpose. If we want this to continue, it will require some effort.
We ask that if your school district has acquired this grant money for your team this season, that you and other families from your team take the time to write a thank you note to the two legislators (House and Senate) that represent your school. Help them understand that this is important to you. You could also send a thank you note to the individual members of the School Aid Committee, who are primarily responsible for this part of the State budget. Late December or January might be the best time to do this.
Below are links to help you find locate the correct legislators for your community, and the list of the School Aid subcommittee members.
Thank you for helping us keep this financial support a priority in Lansing!
House School Aid Subcommittee email links
- Rep. Tim Kelly (R) Committee Chair, 94th District
- Rep. Phil Potvin (R) Majority Vice-Chair, 102nd District
- Rep. Sarah Roberts (D) Minority Vice-Chair, 18th District
- Rep. Earl Poleski (R) 64th District
- Rep. Dave Pagel (R) 78th District
- Rep. Adam Zemke (D) 55th District
Senate School Aid Subcommittee email links